Skip to content

Weather and cancellation policy.

Last updated

Sydney Harbour is a good place to be on most days and a bad place to be on a few. This is how we decide, and what happens to your money either way.

How we decide

We check the Rozelle Bay wind forecast (Willyweather) and the Bureau of Meteorology at 7am on the day of your hire, and text you the call.

  • Forecast wind of 25 km/h or more at Rozelle Bay during your hire: we call it off.
  • A BOM severe weather, thunderstorm or strong wind warning covering Sydney Harbour: we call it off.
  • Temperature below 15 °C: we call it off.
  • Otherwise the hire goes ahead. If conditions worsen during the day, we may shorten or end the hire for safety.

Rain

Rain alone does not cancel a hire — the canopy covers the deck. Showers in Sydney tend to be early or late rather than all day, so we will usually offer to move your start earlier or later on the same day. If rain comes with wind or a warning, the rules above apply.

If we call it off

You choose:

  • A free reschedule to any available date within 12 months, or
  • A full refund to the card you paid with, processed within 5 business days.

If you change your mind

Counted from your booked start time:

  • 7 or more days before: a full refund less payment processing fees, or a free reschedule.
  • 3 to 7 days before: a 50% refund, or a free reschedule.
  • Under 72 hours before: a reschedule credit only, valid for 12 months. No refund.
  • No-shows and late arrivals that miss the induction are treated as under-72-hour cancellations.

If we cut a hire short

If we end a hire early for safety or a mechanical fault, you receive a credit for the time missed (pro-rata terms TBC) or a reschedule of the full hire at our discretion. If you end a hire early by choice, no refund applies.

Checking the forecast yourself

You can watch the same forecast we do: Willyweather’s Rozelle Bay wind forecast and the BOM Sydney radar. Our site shows the Open-Meteo forecast for the wharf for the next few days as a guide. If you would rather move your date before we make the 7am call, text us — free reschedules are always available before the day for weather reasons.

Status of this policy

This is the unified policy we are adopting for the new site. It is pending the owner’s final ratification; until then the version shown at the time you book is the one that applies to your booking.